SIS50215 Diploma of Fitness
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions within the fitness industry, including working collaboratively with medical and allied health professionals in a broad range of settings, such as fitness facilities, aquatic facilities, community facilities and in open spaces.
Those with this level of competency will be expected to provide exercise training to individual clients with specific needs, on a one-on-one or group basis, and may include older clients and children with chronic conditions.
Persons with this level of competency will have the ability to implement, evaluate and modify the exercise prescription provided by medical or allied health professionals for clients with specific conditions, within an agreed scope for progression as recommended by referring medical or allied health professionals.
Specialised exercise trainers will have the ability to monitor client progress and, in collaboration with medical or allied health professionals, utilise an evidence-based approach to deliver solutions by applying knowledge of physiology and anatomy and the pathology of specific medical conditions.
- Specialised exercise trainer
This qualification is designed for those existing fitness professionals have considerable experience in exercise delivery. Entry to this qualification is open to those who have achieved the following units of competency and have significant vocational experience in the fitness industry:
- SISFFIT301A Provide fitness orientation and health screening
- SISFFIT302A Provide quality service in the fitness industry
- SISFFIT303A Develop and apply an awareness of specific populations to exercise delivery
- SISFFIT304A Instruct and monitor fitness programs
- SISFFIT305A Apply anatomy and physiology principles in a fitness context
- SISFFIT306A Provide healthy eating information to clients in accordance with recommended guidelines
- SISFFIT307A Undertake client health assessment
- SISFFIT308A Plan and deliver gym programs
- SISXOHS101A Follow occupational health and safety policies
- SISXRSK301A Undertake risk analysis of activities
- SISFFIT415A Work collaboratively with medical and allied health professionals
- SISFFIT416A Apply motivational psychology to provide guidance on exercise behaviour and change to meet health and fitness goals
- SISFFIT417A Undertake long term exercise programming
- SISFFIT418A Undertake appraisals of functional movement
- SISFFIT419A Apply exercise science principles to planning exercise
- SISFFIT420A Plan and deliver exercise programs to support desired body composition outcomes
- SISFFIT421A Plan and deliver personal training
- BSBSMB401A Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
Please contact ASA for course intake information.
Please contact ASA for course fee information.
- Full time: 52 weeks
- 20 hours per week, 2.5 days
- Face-to-face classroom
- Distance (Domestic only)
- Gold Coast
10 Scarborough St
Southport, Gold Coast
1300 656 693
Level 2, 39 Queen St
New South Wales 2144
1300 083 832
After achieving SIS30310 Certificate III in Fitness, learners may undertake SIS40210 Certificate IV in Fitness or other Sport Qualifications. This qualification is suitable for an Australian apprenticeship pathway.
Course Outline (Units of Competency)
Total number of units = 13
- 9 core units
- 4 elective units
SISFFIT524A Deliver prescribed exercise to clients with metabolic conditions
SISFFIT525A Advise on injury prevention and management
SISFFIT526A Deliver prescribed exercise to clients with musculoskeletal conditions
SISFFIT527A Undertake health promotion activities to decrease risk factors and prevent chronic disease
SISFFIT528A Apply research findings to exercise management strategies
SISXCCS404A Address client needs
SISXIND405A Conduct projects
HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING
SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
SISSSCO513 Plan and implement high-performance training and recovery programs
SISXIND406A Manage projects
CHILDREN AND OLDER CLIENTS
SISFFIT313A Plan and deliver exercise for apparently healthy children and adolescents
SISFFIT314A Plan and deliver exercise to older clients with managed conditions
SISFFIT530A Deliver prescribed exercise to children and young adolescents with specific chronic conditions
SISFFIT531A Deliver prescribed exercise to older clients with chronic conditions
How to Enrol
If your application is successful, we will send you a Letter of Offer including all the enrolment conditions. When you accept it and return a signed copy, we will secure your place in your chosen course. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer is offered at the time of enrolment. For additional information relating to RPL or Credit Transfer for this course, please contact us.
Delivery and Assessment Arrangements
You are able to use a combination of pathways such as self-paced, classroom/workshop/tutorial and on or off the job to complete the qualification. Competency based assessment is used during all assessment activities. Competency is achieved through demonstrating your knowledge and practical application of skills. The “assessment activities” will include but are not limited to such things as written/oral questions, third party feedback where applicable, activities, and scenarios of knowledge and practical application of skills.
Download Course Guide (PDF)